Blood cannot be staged even when family values are. In Reality-TV family values, you can be the worst parent in the world but as long as you put family above all else. You can make yourself a martyr for your families happiness. Showing the world they too can have true happiness beyond all the money and recognition just by loving their family. The most important thing in life is family as long as it is like mine. The family unit and values must be put above everything else in life.
Duck Dynasty follows the true hegemonic narrative of the perfect nuclear family and demonstrates the staging of the modern hillbilly meets success. No Hollywood veneer of perfection for everybody to aspire to be. The status quo is not keeping up with the Jones ;but in being more humble and down to earth then the neighbors next door. The episode “Family Funny Business ep1. of Duck Dynasty introduces us to Robertson family their patriarch Phil, his wife Ms. Kay and their two sons Willie and Jase and their uncle Si.
The first episode features the resurrection of humbled homophobia, country cooking not ethnic cuisine, masculinity by way of guns, misogyny, with very little focus put on the family business. The devil may be in the details but the truth is in the editing. The show's introduction and theme song tells the truth behind the show's cast social-economic status ,and the role of women in the lives of the men of Duck Dynasty. The theme song sets the subliminal tempo with lyrics like “ you have been working, slaving your whole life away ” to be able to have the simple good 'ole boy country life. Implying that you must have worked hard at everything and you are entitled to do nothing.
The Duck Dynasty intro shows the men donned in ...
... middle of paper ...
...ccentric christian rustic country folk that can be monetized by buying products including: guns , bibles, prepper's survivalist gear, and the big boy toys for boating and camping. The women are shown to get what the men allow them after taking care of the family's needs first. Ms. Kay’s family dinners have a high price tag maybe not in dollars since so much of the meat is freely obtained but the hours in work are quite expensive on a woman’s body.
Duck Dynasty still feeds into the same old gender basis of women not being strong enough or intelligent enough to do the things men do and illustrates to other men how to put her in her place. The show also gives men a clear conscious because it their house and their rule. Duck Dynasty's family values are too rule their family with an iron-fist because after all it is family unit above everything and everyone else.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since the inception of reality television, viewers have enjoyed watching various characters embark on the journey of their daily lives. Duck Dynasty is a reality television show following the Louisianan family behind the hunting brand, Duck Commander. The CEO, Willie Robertson, guides the show, as other family members provide support for the show’s overall goal of aligning with a majority of Americans. Duck Dynasty’s ability to relate to the current time period allows the characters to connect with the audience on a personal level.... [tags: Reality television, Television program, Television]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- ... Phil is also the father of four boys, Alan, Jase, Willie, and Jep. All four sons can be seen on the show. Willie the third son took over the company in 2006 and is the CEO. Jase and Jep both work at Duck Commander. And everyone’s favorite character Si also helps the boys at Duck Commander. Si is Phil’s brother and also a Vietnam vet. In every episode Si can be seen with a plastic cup and a pitcher of sweet tea. Si is easily loved due to his crazy rants and his famous catch phrase “Hey Jack”.... [tags: growth, cable, audience]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- I had to have this explained to me. Duck Dynasty is a show about a bunch of rural Americans who got famous by producing and branding a specific brand of duck call that is either very effective or just generally liked. This has turned them into serious stars. To put it into perspective, Duck Dynasty was getting viewing figures BIGGER than Breaking Bad and that's a critically acclaimed show. I assume this is a rip roaring balls to the wall analysis of what it is to be in the duck call making industry.... [tags: Duck Dynasty, popular television series]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Synopsis Chinese culture has been evolving for more than one thousand years with one of the most significant influences being the development of the Han dynasty. This paper analyses the ways in which the development of the Han dynasty influenced Chinese culture, to what extent, and why. Knowledge of the Han period’s impact on Chinese culture, is obtained through the analysis of written and archaeological sources depicting the Western Han dynasty (206 B.C.–9 A.D) and Eastern Han dynasty (25–220 A.D).... [tags: Han Dynasty, China, Tang Dynasty, Song Dynasty]
2024 words (5.8 pages)
- Dynastic ruling is that in which there is a succession of rulers in the same family lineage, a family maintains power all throughout hereditary means. A country that had such ruling was the ancient China in which there were various dynasties. China for a long period was faced with wars, bloodshed, and conflicts because of the dynastic ruling; people killed each other in order to succeed power. The succession alternated from competent rulers to incompetent ones and vice versa. Corruption, discrimination, and dictatorial leadership marred the government.... [tags: China, Qing Dynasty, Ming Dynasty, Tang Dynasty]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- ... The kindness, simplicity and modesty summarize a lot about native Chinese philosophy and the Chinese way of life. According to the theory of life, the ideology of life in Confucianism is based on the value orientation of moral and salvation career (Hudson, 2008). Confucianism has a close concern on social reality and strong sense of mission on history that ‘the country management and governess as own responsibility’ (Cline, 2007, pp.231). It refers that a person should keep learning and practice what has learnt to become benevolent and righteous for himself, and help others, manage state affairs as well as protect the peace of country (Confucius, 1994).... [tags: Taoism, Chinese philosophy, Han Dynasty]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- The Han Dynasty was one of China’s first dynasties recorded in history. It lasted from 206 BC up until 220 AD. The first was the western Han which lasted from 206 BC to 25 AD. The eastern Han, which came after the western Han, lasted from 26 AD to until 220 AD. During those times there were a total of 26 emperors who ruled China. The first emperor of the Han dynasty was a peasant rebel leader named Liu Bang. He was known as emperor Gao. He ruled over the Han from 202 until 195 BC. After emperor Gao there was many different rulers of the Han but the longest reigning emperor was emperor Wu, whose real name was Han Wudi.... [tags: Han Dynasty, Emperor of China, Emperor Wu of Han]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Death and Duck Season In the short story "Duck Season," T. Alan Broughton introduces an everyday family from upstate New York, during the windy, fall season. The protagonist, Gracie, is dying of cancer, while her husband and children live in denial and try their best to carry on with their lives. Broughton uses the repeated structural device of flashback to depict a vivid image from the eyes of a lonely, bed-ridden Gracie. In looking at this story from a structural criticism, it can be broken down into seven parts that reinforce the theme: Cherish the time with a loved one because it can end in an untimely manner.... [tags: Broughton Duck Season Essays]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Aix Sponsa or the Wood Duck is said to be one of the most beautiful breed of ducks in North America. Just is name, Aix Sponsa, means “The Water Bride.” Ever since the first American settlers arrived in the eastern shores of North America people have been mesmerized by the beauty of this colorful animal. But instead of just standing there and marveling at it they hunted and used the Wood Duck as means for survival. This made the Wood Duck one of the most popular games ducks in North America.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Who is Donald Duck. Full Name: Donald Fauntleroy Duck Birthdate: Egg hatched June 9, 1934 (Egg laid Friday, March 13, 1934) Besides in my opinon, being the greatest cartoon character ever, Donald is the one in the little blue suit that is more often in a rage than not. His personality shows through actions. He gives new meaning to the phrase: "Actions speak louder than words." His lines are few and almost indecipherable, forcing his actions to speak the volumeof his parts. His personality makes his character almost unpredictable and yet so predictable.... [tags: essays research papers]
2218 words (6.3 pages)