TOPIC: The insecurity in the Starbucks mobile payment
PURPOSE: To persuade
SPECIFIC PURPOSE STATEMENT: To persuade the audience of this speech to increase the security of Starbuck’s user information.
Thesis statement: My audience should improve the security measures used in the mobile payment application because it puts customer’s information at risk of exposure to unauthorized person. The solution suggested will ensure that customers will feel safer using a more secure application to conduct their transactions. In addition, it will help prevent future loses and complaint against Starbucks.
One of the gainful project by the company is the Starbucks mobile payment services. Since it started in 2011, it has become one of the most popular mobile payment networks in the world. People rely more on technology to make their life easier. Through mobile shopping people are able to buy different products without physically visiting the retail shops. Starbuck started the mobile app as a way of attracting more customers and increasing their customer level. Furthermore, it proves much convenient and easy to their customers.
According to my research, this security issue will create hype in the market and will affect the reputation of Starbucks if not taken care of correctly. Examples have been witnesses in the past and history will repeat itself if this issue is not handled immediately
My name is Faris sharbaji, I am a user of Starbucks payment application. This application provides me and all customers to order very fast and to pay in the same time. However, I gave my phone to a friend who was able to access my Starbucks account using personal i...
... middle of paper ...
...ber secure application. If Starbucks does not take any pre-emptive measure it will lose customers to a market full of competitors.
The Starbucks should prioritize the security of the customer that will put back competitors and will eventually prove profitable. If not this time then this trend will continue to grow and will harm the world globally.
The technology experts should be hired to make this application safe for people and this will protect the trust, reputation, reliability and customers associated with Starbucks. Awareness should be created among people that should in return create an obligation for the company to put in place security measures. The people’s response is the only way to deal with such issue; the awareness is a tool that will prove beneficial for the customers using it and the company developing it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Persuasive Speech: Same sex marriages General Purpose: To persuade Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms INTRODUCTION I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention Getter: Has anyone ever stopped to help you when you were in need. How did it make you feel. B. Thesis Statement: Volunteering in your local community will help those around you and help you feel like you have contributed something positive and it is easier than most people think. C. Speaker Credibility Statement: If we all did our part to help those in need, our community would be a better and safer place to live. By doing this, we can achieve a greater sense of accomplishment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Specific Purpose: To persuade the audience to view oceanic exploration as a valuable undertaking. INTRODUCTION I. Opening Statement: Forget about exploring outer space, we should concentrate on something a lot closer that we only know a small fraction about - Earth’s oceans. II. Central Idea: To show the benefits of Government funded exploration and examination of the oceanic environments across the globe. III. Credibility Statement: I have gathered information from various online sources and periodicals to illustrate the importance of our undersea environment.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that each individual must take responsibility for his or her own actions. The must not blame guns for problems caused by people. . . Attention Grabber: Gun control isn't about guns, its about control . Body of Speech . I'd like to read a quote by our 3rd president Thomas Jefferson. "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants, they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that hope is the most powerful force in the universe We gather here at a crucial time, at a turning point in history. Extremist terrorism is on the rise, and America has been fighting multiple wars for as long as I can remember. Yes, pity me, for it is a disheartening time, which is why Aristotle’s bold statement “Youth is easily deceived, because it is quick to hope” fits the motto of this era perfectly.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience that that solar power should become the main form of alternative energy in the Unites States. Introduction: Attention Getter: Let’s look ahead fifty years and see what the world is like. Imagine a world that is in total war with no end in sight. The cause behind this war is simple, oil. Everyone is fighting over those last few reserves of oil. How can this future be prevented. The answer is solar power. Claim: Solar power has the potential to become the United States main supply of energy and replace are needs for more conventional and harmful forms of power generation.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- General Purpose: Speech to Persuade Specific Purpose: To get my audience to be pro on legalizing marijuana Thesis Statement: Marijuana isn't harmful and should be legalized Organizational Pattern: Cause and Effect To the AIDS or cancer patient, marijuana is the plant that fights nausea and appetite loss. To the nutritionist, its seed is second only to the soybean in nutritional value and is a source of cooking oil and vitamins. To the paper or cloth manufacturer, it is the plant that provided much of our paper and clothing for hundreds of years and produces four times more fiber per acre than trees.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech ]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade my audience to stop the witch-hunts Character: Concerned citizen of Salem just before the hanging of Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor Concerned citizens of Salem, if it were a good mornin' I would bid you that, however it is not. This mornin' a grave injustice is looming like the grey clouds before a storm. This morning we will bear witness to yet another brutal and senseless murder of two innocent Christians, Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor. Ladies and gentlemen, for four long months the very court that proposed to protect us from all evil has deceived us and in fact perpetuated the evil doings running rife throughout our fair town.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Topic: Certification Programs General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice. Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking. Introduction Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program.... [tags: Example Persuasive Speech]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- The Role of Richard Parker in Yann Martel’s Life of Pi
- Differential Diagnosis of Autism In Children
- The Problem of Over-Population
- Experiment: The Effect of Different Temperatures on Germinating Beans
- The Problem of Over-Population
- Persuasive Speech: We Must Use Alternative Power Sources Instead of Nuclear Energy