General Purpose: To persuade
Specific Purpose Statement: To persuade the audience to agree that same-sex marriages should not be legal
Central Idea: The audience will realize the vices and social disorders created by legalization of same sex marriages in order to preserve marital norms
I. Same sex marriage is a trending topic if not a trendy one. Countries throughout the globe are pressured with the question of homosexuality being an issue of right or morality. Countries such as Brazil, Canada, some states of the United States and the United Kingdom have legalized same sex marriages while others are still battling with homosexual pressure.
II. Today, I would like to discuss with you the unnatural nature of same sex marriages.
III I have carried out extensive research on the field of sexuality and I feel obliged to educate the public about the dangers of same sex marriages to our society, today and in the future.
IV. So today I am going to discuss three points about this issue.
Number One: why same sex marriage should not be legalized?
Number Two: what are the adverse impacts of same sex marriages in our society?
Number Three: what Measures can be implemented to discourage same sex marriages?
Transition: So let’s talk about why same sex marriage should not be legalized
1. First of all, why should same sex marriage not be legalized?
A. Legally, a same sex marriage is a union between two people of the same sexual orientation in a marital relationship. The United States does not grant the tittle ‘spouse’ to couple involved in same sex marriages. As such, same sex marriage should not be legalized as a natural marital union.
B. Same sex m...
... middle of paper ...
...blarz, (How) Does the Sexual Orientation of Parents Matter? American Sociological Review 66: 159-183.168-171, 2013.
Landau, Z., Verjee, Z., and Mortensen, A., Uganda president: Homosexuals are 'disgusting', CNN, February 25, 2014, retrieved from http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/24/world/africa/uganda-homosexuality-interview/
Lawrence Kurdek, What Do We Know about Gay and Lesbian Couples? Current Directions in Psychological Science 14 (2005): 252
Paul Ash, What does the law say schools have to do? Lexkington Minuteman, September 22, 2005. Retrieved online at: http://www.article8.org/docs/news_events/parker/paul_ash_letter.ht
Slick, M., Collateral damage effect upon individuals and society as a result of the change in sexual morals,
Statistics on the percentage of the population that are homosexual and lesbian
Statistics on HIV/AIDS and health related issues.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marriage as generally define is the union between one man and one woman. However a recent debate over same-sex marriage has stirred a nationwide debate reverberating in the halls of Congress, at the White House, in dozens of state courtrooms and legislatures, and is also becoming a speech-making topic for election campaigns at both the national and state levels. As the debate for this controversial topic rages on, the American religious community view on the topic remains deeply divided over the matter and over the morality of homosexuality in general.... [tags: Same Sex Marriage, argumentative, persuasive]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- Why is gay marriage such a big deal. Why are there so many people against it. Most of the time it is easy to presume where to draw the line when interfering with someone else’s rights. Simply, do not do it. Everyone has the right to get a driver’s license or has the freedom of speech, but why on earth do some people have the right to wed and think that he or she has the right to tell somebody else that he or she does not have that same right. Gay marriage is not traditional, gay relationships are immoral, and marriage is for procreation.... [tags: argumentative, persuasive ]
2150 words (6.1 pages)
- America is said to be the land of the free, which means that every legal citizen is given freedom of speech, and the right of privacy. Among these rights, we are given freedom of religion. If someone is Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, or even Buddhist, that someone is welcome to practice their own religion however they see fit, and you are welcome in America because this is the land of the free. Or is it. When the topic of Gay Marriage arises in conversation, the main "Anti-Gay" point would be that the Bible does not agree with it.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive ]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. This is additional proof of something we have been taught in schools all our lives. America is the land of the free, which gives each legal citizen the right of privacy, freedom of speech, and freedom of religion. If you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or Buddhist, you are welcome in this country. However when the topic of gay marriage arises in conversations, the main opposing point would be that the bible doesn’t agree with it.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Same Sex Marriage Should same sex marriage be legalized all over the United States. There are many pros and cons on the topic. Many people argue over how gay marriage is defined as a sin in the bible. Despite the cons to same sex marriage, people should be allowed to be with whomever they want without being controlled and told who they can and cannot love. People cannot control with whom they fall in love with and they cannot express their true selves if they do not have the opportunity to show who they really love.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- ... They are qualities that do not discriminate on account of gender… Love and commitment can exist between a man and a woman and it can and does between men and women.” There’s countless amounts of forces that led to the Supreme Court’s decision such as: tenacious leaders and litigators, coalitions of diverse lesbian, gay bisexual and transgender organizations, straight allies, elected officials, celebrities, and hundred of thousands of of individual couples and families. Philanthropy, the funders that joined the civil marriage collaborative, played a critical role in helping the same-sex marriage law pass.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- ... There are even some officials being elected to lead in a “Gay Pride Parade”. At every event for gays, there are people protesting because they do not believe that certain types of people should be able to live the way they want to live. Just because there is something holding them back in their life, does not give them the right to try to take away from others that are struggling to live a happy life in peace. Homosexuals are not doing anything to us. Yes, we may see them out in public showing affection like the other millions of relationships doing so, but just turn your head towards the other direction.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Imagine after years of searching you found that one person, your one true love, to spend the rest of your life with. Both of you are deeply in love with one another and want to celebrate your commitment by getting married and raising a family. Both of you go to get your marriage license only to be told by State officials that you do not qualify for one because you are both from the same sex. Unfortunately, this was the hardship that most same-sex couples in America faced every day for the past several decades.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- TOPIC Why we should use seatbelt when driving a car SPECIFIC PERPOSE To persuade my audience to use the seat belt in car. CENTRAL IDEA There are three reasons why we should use seat belt when driving which are preventing death when an accident occurs, cultivate themselves too not violate the law and protecting our passengers. INTRODUCTION I. Seatbelt is a very important component when we all drive a car or other vehicle. The main purpose of seat belts is to provide greater safety to the driver when driving car but at the moment, people do not care about the importance of wearing seatbelt.... [tags: Persuasive Speech]
714 words (2 pages)
- Defining the Boundaries of Same Sex Marriage Why is it taking so long to legalize same sex marriage throughout the whole United States. Over the course of years, the concept of traditional marriage has changed. Gay marriage, otherwise known as same sex marriage, has been a long debated issue in the United States. Marriage is a social, legal, or religious ceremony that brings two people together to form a family bond in which they are granted marital rights, benefits, and responsibilities. It is a civil right that all Americans equally share; therefore, there is nothing wrong with giving homosexuals the same equal rights and benefits as heterosexuals.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Law]
1040 words (3 pages)