Speech-language pathology is my number one career choice. I have spent the last four years studying this field and have put an overwhelming amount of hard work and time into my education. I have gone above and beyond what I ever thought possible for myself, and I am ready to continue my education at the graduate level. Beginning my first month away at college, I contributed at least 30 hours of service throughout the community every semester, while maintaining a consistent appearance on the Illinois State Dean’s List. Following my freshmen year, I applied for and was accepted into the honors program after seeking more intense interaction and application of the material I was learning in the classroom. Throughout my junior year and currently in my senior year, I have taken on leadership roles such as ser...
... middle of paper ...
I am in search of a speech-language pathology graduate program that values the same attributes I do: an institution that encourages the exploration of new research, a program that is committed to not only educating but challenging students inside the classroom, and a hardworking department that possesses an ethos of excellence. As I strive to become a skillful clinician, a challenged researcher, a committed educator, and an advocate for my profession, Indiana University stands out as the best choice to help me achieve my goals. Based on my visit to the IU Speech & Hearing Clinic and my extensive research of the department, this program is the perfect fit for me. The graduate program that selects me will receive a devoted, optimistic, and intellectually curious individual who will work assiduously to continuously learn to better serve patients in the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Statement of Purpose for Tony Harper “Never stop pursuing knowledge and education. These are things that no one can take from you regardless of what life throws at you.” This insightful piece of wisdom was offered to me by my grandfather, a professor at Northern Arizona University. He continually stressed to me that the attainment of knowledge and education are always worthwhile undertakings. For this reason I find myself unfulfilled unless some part of my days are spent actively seeking to further my current understanding of a given subject or endeavoring to learn a new one.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- Organizational Development Purpose Statement Introduction Higher education programs and organizational services may be integral for the performance success of students. Globalization and the sustainability of competitive advantage may be forcing the workforce to pursue or further their education. Universities may need to address the increasing number of people enrolling in academic courses by implementing or modifying the programs or services being provided to them to ensure their academic or work performance success.... [tags: Business Management ]
2353 words (6.7 pages)
- Statement of Purpose By virtue of the constant and incessant research and development being carried out in the field of computers, this technology, having pervaded every domain known to man, is effectuating tremendous progress and advancement even as I frame this statement. My undergraduate study in the field, certainly served to provide me with a keen appreciation for its remarkable reach and while each subfield that I explored provided me with a different perspective and furthered my fascination with this realm of science, it was the curriculum courses in Database Management Systems, Data Structures and Algorithm, and Information Technology for Management of Enterprise that most excited me... [tags: engineering, technology, education]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Constant change is the only unchanging element in the evolution of individuals and societies. And when one's chosen field happens to be in the world of computers, this statement rings out louder and clearer. In the world of Computers, each day witnesses a slew of new concepts and products become obsolete by each passing moment. This galloping pace of technological evolution has a direct bearing on practical applications, making it mandatory for today's engineers to keep abreast of the latest developments.... [tags: computers, education, technology]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- Statement of Purpose As a child, litterbugs and their negative influence on the appearance of my surroundings always annoyed me. The teaching method in my playschool motivated my interest on nature through a combination of self-directed activities and my own natural inner guidance. As my knowledge advanced over the years, I acquired a high level of critical thinking skills and creativity and often surprised my teachers by suggesting creative solutions to problems. Around age fourteen, I got more serious in civil and environmental engineering since society’s ignorance toward environment in my country was always one of my concerns.... [tags: environment, engineering, education]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- Statement of Purpose Health Care is a Right Not a Privilege – Jan Spence, Kimberley Clark Foundation. Regrettably the above slogan perfectly suits the present condition of healthcare in my country. An endeavor to bring about a change is the prime motive for me in aspiring to be a Public Health Professional. In present time the world faces a lot of changes in healthcare systems. In my home country India lot of conversions are happening. The changes varies from eliminating chronic epidemic disease, removing infectious diseases, nutritional deficiencies, insecure pregnancies.... [tags: health care, education, dentist]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Statement of purpose When I was ten my uncle from USA gifted me and my sister an expensive remote controlled Puppy. Like all the gifts that were given to both of us, it didn’t last for long. We both wanted it for ourselves. But it was a different scenario then, I had felt guilt and the strong urge to do something about the damaged toy at the same time. I opened the RC puppy with the necessary tools and there I was baffled by what I saw, a small green board with holes and small things that I then couldn’t comprehend.... [tags: electronics, education, engineering]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- Completing 4 years of undergraduate studies in mechanical engineering and 30 months of work experience in semiconductor equipment manufacturing sector have given me a lot to learn. I have experienced that role of a mechanical engineer demands much more in depth knowledge of the field. Having worked with great minds in mechanical engineering, I have felt great urge towards pursuing my graduate study so that I can discuss the ideas with same level of knowledge. In every student’s life, graduate study is the crucial point and I want to make sure that I learn as much as possible by pursuing my graduate study.... [tags: mechanical engineering, education]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I have always believed to set a goal, focused on it, achieve the goal and then again set another goal to achieve that. With the work experience of two years that has imparted the basic skills and knowledge of the professional field; I would like to put my next step to achieve my goal by pursuing Master degree in Computer Science. I have done my schooling from ST.JOSEPH’S HIGH SCHOOL which was one of the best Christian Minority institutions located at Kothagudem, Andhra Pradesh, India .I was strongly motivated to pass my tenth class exams with over 77 percent marks.... [tags: computer science, education]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- As I write this statement of purpose, I look back at my journey of a student who came from a very humble background and with hard work and sincerity towards academics he could pave his way to becoming a part of state’s top engineering college. My winding journey has generated an ample amount of confidence in me and today I stand firm with open arms to embrace the further challenges, both, personal as well as professional. In last three years of engineering I have developed a great amount of respect and conviction for my field- computer science and the way it has transformed the life of people.... [tags: engineering, computers, education]
1151 words (3.3 pages)